Ferno KED Pro Extrication Device
- Designed for extrication from confined spaces using rope-rescue techniques
- Similar design to the original K.E.D., with a variety of new features
- Increased ease of application with wider head support flaps and more compact head and neck support pads
- One-piece leg strap runs through the spine and forms a continuous loop for connection to ropes and carabiners
- Wider, rigid spinal panel reduces rotation and flexion
- Metal leg and chest strap buckles increase durability and security
- Deceleration shoulder strap assists in proper positioning and prevents patient movement in the event of vehicle deceleration
- Two lower and one upper rear carrying handle facilitate rescue
- Color-coded, sewn-in securing straps
- Carrying case with integrated backpack
- Radiolucent (except metal buckles)
- Rated for vertical and confined-space rescue (specialized training required)
The Kendrick Extrication Device (K.E.D.) Pro immobilizes the torso, head, and neck, enabling prompt extrication of patients from auto accidents and other confined spaces while minimizing risks of further injury. The two-part, wrap-around design provides horizontal flexibility for easy application and vertical rigidity for maximum support of the spine, neck, and head during extrication.
X-rays or advanced life support procedures can be performed with the K.E.D. Pro in place. Built-in handles enable rescuers to get a firm grip on the patient and the K.E.D. Pro as one unit. The K.E.D. Pro general use load limit is 550 lb, and a load limit of 330 lb for technical rescues including a one-person lift for vertical and confined space rescue.