Recommended by CoTCCC for the prevention of hypothermia during casualty care, the patented HPMK® with reinforced Heat Reflective Shell is strong, flexible, lightweight & impervious to wind & rain. The HRS™, the kit’s ruggedized outer shell, is constructed of a 4-ply, composite fabric with a protected non-conductive reflective layer that provides excellent thermal insulation. Rapid 360° access to the casualty with minimal exposure to the elements is achieved through the use of 1.5 in. continuous Velcro® closures located along the perimeter of the covering. The HRS™ also features a built-in hood, fluid absorption pad & top-to-bottom tapered shape to maximize isothermal capabilities. The heat-generating source of the HPMK® is a self-heating, oxygen-activated shell liner designed to sustain 10 hours of continuous dry heat (no external power supply required). This low cube kit is vacuum-packaged in a rugged, pliable pouch featuring NAR’s Red Tip Technology® with tabs that allow easy access and rapid deployment.
- TCCC-recommended hypothermia prevention solution during casualty care
- Sustains 10 hours of continuous dry heat with oxygen-activated, self-heating liner (no external power supply required)
- Constructed of 4-ply composite fabric with protected non-conductive reflective layer that provides excellent thermal insulation
- Tapered shape from top to bottom to maximize isothermal capabilities
- Built-in hood & integrated fluid absorption pad
- Continuous 1.5 in. Velcro® closures for rapid 360° access to the casualty with minimal exposure to the elements
- Reinforced and weight tested to support 250+ lb
- Vacuum-packaged in a durable pouch for a protective, low-cube footprint
- Storage pouch features NAR’s Red Tip Technology® with tabs that allow easy access and rapid deployment
- U.S. Patent 7,766,950 B2
- 1 x Heat Reflective Shell (HRS™) with built-in hood
- 1 x Self-heating shell liner
- 1 x Plastic vacuum bag
- Packaged (HPMK®): H 6.75 in. x W 10.5 in. x D 5.5 in.
- Weight (HPMK®): 3 lb 8 oz
- Heat Reflective Shell (Open): L 78 in. x W 43 in.